Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Day's Eye



Dear Qwerty,

Do you know that daisies sleeps at night and blooms only during the day?

Daisy to me is the prettiest flower in the world. I'd rather have a daisy of my eye than an apple.
I can't recall the time I start to fall in love with those little white polka dots on the grass. They're like little smiling faces (though I never know where the lips are) that makes me feel happy whenever I look at them. I only like one type of daisy; which is the ox-eye daisy. Some people took them as weeds, but I think daisies makes a merry carpet on the lawn. I love the way the sunny center brighten up its satiny white petals, and how the whole bloom contrasts sharply with its dark green stems and leaves.

Why would people want to cut them off? If they don't want daisies they should just tell me to collect them from their lawn and I'll put those fresh flowers in my room. I'll make big bunches of them. If my room can no longer fit, I'll put them around the house. If the house is stuffed to the threshold with daisies, I'll cut off the stems and arrange the flowers in my room to make daisy-mat, daisy-bed, daisy-pillow, daisy-everything! Can you imagine sleeping on a bed of ox-eye daisy? Well I'd like to dream of that tonight, I'll make sure I have plenty of daisies to make daisy-sofas and daisy-curtains too!
How can anyone say a field of ox-eye daisies is not the most charming sight in the world? Why do people prefer roses over daisies?

Roses smells like perfume; I think daisies smell like summer clouds. Roses takes your breath away; daisies enlighten my spirit. Roses speak of burning desire; daisies remind me that being happy is the most important thing in life. After all, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, and in my eyes, ox-eye daisies are the pearls of the land.

Dearie, I want a big bunch of ox-eye daisies for my birthday. I'll get a tall, clear vase, and put them there. Till then... :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio