Tuesday, March 30, 2010

FanFiction

Good afternoon dear Qwerty,

Do you enjoy fanfiction?

Lately, I had got back to my old hobby of reading fanfiction. I love good fanfiction. The one that is well written and well told. I was in Fanfiction.net not for the story, but for the breathtakingly beautiful writings that can be found there. I would usually head for original storyboards, which are found in great abundance under the section 'Fairytales' and 'Vampires'. It's not like I really like vampy-themes, but yeah, as mentioned, the got lots of original stories. For Fairytales I would go for the retellings at most of the time. Those who are committed to retell the tales usually have their own unique writing styles that are incomparable. I like it when a writer begins his/her chapter with quotes or originally-composed short poems. It gives a hint of the theme while tempering the atmosphere.

But not all fanfictions are as beautiful. Some has a good story in their mind, but failed to lay it out effectively. Some just want to tell their stories, and end up in head-aching punctuation and grammar mistakes. I hate it most when the story lacks punctuation or was written as if they were under the alcohol. It's so frustrating. And I wonder why such writings got so many positive reviews, but I certainly wont be one of the reviewers.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio