Saturday, March 27, 2010

Shisha

Dear Qwerty,

Yesterday there was an opening ceremony for TOT at USM stadium. I went there to support my friend who participated in the ceremony. There was some fireworks display too. The band is very impressive. However those are not the points here. The point is, after the o.c, me and my friend (and her old friend from Health Campus) went to have dinner around Ivory Plaza.

We headed for our favourite spot. When we arrived there, I saw many strange device on each of the seated table. It was tall and appeared to have some intricate carvings of Thai-like pattern. You know the kind of pattern you see on tomyam ads or commercial? That's what they look like. At first I thought that it was some special decoration for tomyam bowls, but then I saw some smokes puffing out the mouth of one of the customers, and he/she (I cant remember) was holding a pipe that extend from the tall device. Whoa, I knew exactly that those 'tomyam decoration' were actually shisha. A friend told me about it before. But before this we only caught some old Arabs enjoying them; yesterday were youngsters like us.

I tried to be positive about it. Tried to respect others' interest. But I just can't stand the smoke, it was strangely sweet and horrible at the same time. It made me feel dizzy, and I felt like I can throw out any time. But what was more appalling was the expression of the people who were enjoying it yesterday, they look, I beg your pardon, as if they had taken some drugs, as if they are under the ecstasy. I'm sorry, but that was what I thought they look like.

I was lucky for not eating anything there, or I would not be able to even touch the food. Only the new friend had her dinner, for she had not been eating since the afternoon. I wish one day I would be able to feel less annoyed at shisha, I cant risk wearing the disgusted face besides them. They might took it as an insult.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio