Friday, October 1, 2010

Into the Woods at Dawn



Dear Qwerty,

How are you feeling today?

Today I woke up at 5.47 am. Is that too early for you? I think it's too early for me, as I usually wake up at 6.30 am. The reason I got up so early (actually I set my alarm at 5.30, but.. =_=) is because last night I've promised to go for a morning walk with a friend. She suggested that we start around 6.10 am. I agreed and we made a contract where whoever who failed to show up will have to treat the other with icecream :) .

Don't worry, we both show up at 6.15.
At that time the sun was still sleeping. Up in the sky we can still see many stars shining brightly. My lovely friend showed me a set of three stars that she called Ya's Stars. 'Ya' is her name. I asked her why she call the stars by her name, and she told me that since she was in elementary school, whenever she look at the nightsky she would notice those stars. She don't know what the scientists called them, so she gave them her name. Isn't that cute? T_T While walking we looked at many stars, and saw red. orange, blue, yellow and white stars. It was so lucky that we did not trip because we keep looking and pointing at the sky while we walk!

We went into the campus and head for the lake. It was still dark. The air was so cool and fresh. I love the smell of the trees and grass in the morning. Slowly the sun was peeking from behind the clouds. I noticed that today the clouds were blue, violet, pink, and magenta in colour. I do not see such colours of cloud so often; usually it was magenta and red. Perhaps I was a bit early today, and so I managed to see those beautiful clouds against silver sky. Qwerty, if only you can see that..


When we reached the lake, we were a bit scared because it was quite dark and I know that there are large monitor lizards lurking among the water reeds. But we pushed the thought off our mind. I even make up a fairy tale in my mind. That's because the lake is so beautiful (except for those little dinosaurs). It was surrounded by many magnificent trees. I don't remember the name of those trees but trees are always pleasant to look at. Especially those with translucent leaves and those with yellow flowers. But I also love trees that have needle-like leaves and the huge trees with wide-spreading boughs, and all other trees too? Oh no I can't make up my mind!

So, why are the blog title up there is about the woods? Easy, that's simply what I imagined while walking around the lake. :)


We walked back at around 7.10 and reached our room at around 7.20. It was such a wonderful experience. Next time I hope we can walk at the park with rows of enormous trees. Those trees are like armies of giants, but still, they look so beautiful in my eyes.
I love walking with her. She's my travel partner. We both like to explore places and we always plan our journey together. She is very pretty and has a personality that makes people around her feel so comfortable. I'm so glad that I have a friend like her. :) Now, I'm back in my room sipping green tea after having a wholesome breakfast of oatmeal and honey. Life!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio