Monday, August 9, 2010

Why Are You Afraid?

Dear Qwerty and Nadder,

What makes us afraid?

Today, on the way back to my room from the cafe, I heard a cat mewing loudly from rooftop. I look up and saw that there was a cat on the roof at third floor balcony, but he was too afraid to climb back to safety. I knew that cats are actually very afraid of height, though they are gifted with incomparable agility that allows them to jump or hang from practically anywhere they want to. And the cat I was talking about, he was only needs to jump for o.7m to save himself. Any creature belonging to the family of feline domestica can easily accomplish that. But he didn't, he don't even dare to move his feet. He was afraid of the other possibility; that he would fail and fall 6 meter down. In fact he won't, if he can't make it he'll fall back to the balcony. He's just plain scared, and that's it. That's simply the reason.

I tried to lure him back, but he keep refusing and hissing. After about 15 minutes talking to a cat, I left him up there. It was quite a disappointment, really, for we both know that he can do it. But he didn't. I threw down some snacks for him though. I'll see if he's still there tomorrow morning.

Let's just pray that he'll be okay and gain some courage to do it.

Good luck, kitty. Your life depends on your courage.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio