Sunday, August 8, 2010

USM Expo Convocation 2010

Dear Qwerty and Nadder,

Today is the last day for Expo Convo!

I went to look around to see if there's any sale going on. Yup! There is! But it wasn't as fun as I expected it to be. Some of the stuff which go downpriced are fabrics (RM50 for 3) and gifts (eg keychains, plushies etc). I think it's quite a good bargain, but the weather was against me.

How do I describe it? It was humid, hot, and the ground was soaking morning rain to the last bit of sand that I felt as if I was walking in the middle of a swamp. There wasn't any puddles though, but yeah, it's just me, I'm not a fan of hot and humid stuff, or a spongy ground.

I spent about 15 minutes looking around and talking to some hawkers, but in the end I took nothing but some apples and oranges. Some of the snack stalls had close down, though I initially planned to get some nuts or peas. The deep-fried snacks stall are still swinging, with the hawkers shouting "hooo hooo keropok lekor terengganu panas-panas hoo! dah nak balik hoo!" or "mai mai dik cucur cempedak tak mau rasa kaa!" and "manis ni dik akak tak tipu!". The MCs at the background join the clamor by breathlessly shouting out of their neck to attract the audience.

Overall it was not so bad if not for the malicious weather. The days before were fun enough with the smiling sun and the laughing breeze. I did have some soft ice-cream and cheese burger there. But I think last year Expo Convo was a bit more exciting, probably because I was still a curious freshie back then.

That's it for USM Expo Convocation.

Will write to you again soon! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio